I tried to poach an egg in the microwave — it scorched my face

I tried to poach an egg in the microwave — it scorched my face

This “hack” was poorly hatched.

A British mom is urging others to avoid a TikTok trend that involves heating up an egg in the microwave — since she suffered excruciating burns.

Shafia Bashir, 37, was in “absolute agony” after attempting to make a poached egg using a popular online recipe, which directed her to put an uncooked egg in a mug of boiling water and microwave it.

But after removing the concoction from the microwave and touching it with a cold spoon, it exploded “like a fountain,” scorching her face.

“I did it exactly the same as I usually do it. I had already made the toast, I was starving!” Bashir, who learned the trick from her former mother-in-law, told SWNS.

Shafia Bashir with burns on one side of her face
The mom of one was left with burns on one side of her face.
Shafia Bashir / SWNS

Shafia Bashir in a selfie prior to the egg incident
Bashir, who learned the trick years ago, was shocked when her recent concoction blew up in her face — literally.
Shafia Bashir / SWNS

Despite her best attempts to cool her skin under the faucet, she ended up in the emergency room.

“It was a terrifying time for me,” said the mom of one from Bolton, Greater Manchester. “I was in absolute agony.”

Luckily, there was no scarring, and her face has fully healed since the incident earlier this month.

But the aftermath has inspired her to dissuade her 15,000 TikTok followers from trying the trend.

“I just don’t want anyone else going through that, because it is trending on TikTok,” she explained. “It was the most excruciating pain in my life.”

Bashir isn’t the only ill-fated cook left scrambling after trying the hack.

Shafia Bashir with burns and skin peeling
“I was in absolute agony,” she said.
Shafia Bashir / SWNS

Shafia Bashir before the incident in a selfie
Bashir isn’t the first ill-fated cook to try the hack.
Shafia Bashir / SWNS

Heating eggs a certain way in the microwave has become a viral sensation on the platform due to the egg-splosion it can cause.

A TikToker issued a “PSA” in April after the trick blew up in her face — literally.

She advised to “never microwave your hard-boiled eggs” in a viral video, which showed the egg exploding, leaving her with bits of yolk in her tresses.

Just like Bashir, who had been making poached eggs in the microwave for years, the TikToker claims she had been boiling her eggs the same way for awhile.

Broken cup from egg explosion
The eggs-plosion even broke her mug.
Shafia Bashir / SWNS

Shafia Bashir with half her face burnt and the other half with makeup on
“For my last videos on TikTok, I did ‘Beauty and the Beast’ and Tony Montana from ‘Scarface,’ with the burn,” she revealed. “My followers thought it was a filter!”
Shafia Bashir / SWNS

In 2021, Chantelle Conway’s poached egg endeavor left her with searing burns to her face and neck, seemingly suffering the same fate as Bashir.

“It was the worst pain I’ve ever experienced in my life, and I’ve had two natural childbirths,” the mom said at the time.

Source link
#poach #egg #microwave #scorched #face

See also  McDonald’s to scrap self-serve soda fountains over theft, hygiene concerns: report

Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: