This creepy spider sent one woman from Florida into a tailspin.
When farm owner Jessica Street spotted a large wolf spider in her kitchen recently, she had the idea to catch it in a plastic container — but was shocked when the creature suddenly began hatching what looked like hundreds of babies.
One minute, the large creepy-crawly stood alone, and then, in an instant, it was accompanied by mini versions of itself wiggling all around the sealed container.
“This is why you don’t kill wolf spiders in the house that have an egg sac attached,” Groveland resident Street explained in a TikTok video that reached more than 13 million views.
“Now what?” she added as she showed off the spiders.
Thankfully, large wolf spiders are pretty harmless, according to Live Science, as their venom doesn’t pose a threat to humans, and they only bite if they feel threatened.
However, the outlet did note that the bites can be painful.
The spiders can be pesky, though, as they live and adapt in different kinds of environments, per National Geographic.
In a surprising turn of events, though, Street was able to safely move the spiders into her backyard, using just the plastic container and a piece of cardboard, according to Caters News Agency.
She admitted that she was still a bit fearful of the eight-legged crawler before she released it back into the wild.
“I wasn’t calm before this was all contained!” she revealed to the outlet. “But, honestly, I’m calm because my wife moved in a week ago and I don’t want her to change her mind!”
This wolf spider isn’t the only creature that’s been causing trouble this summer.
Earlier this month, a supermarket in Austria was forced to shutter its doors after a venomous Brazilian wandering spider was spotted crawling around in bunches of bananas.
But besides leaving a painful bite, that spider’s venom shockingly “stimulates” an erection that lasts for hours, according to Live Science.
Those who are bitten by the arachnid also suffer from other side effects, including high blood pressure and pain throughout their bodies.
“The erection is a side effect that everybody who gets stung by this spider will experience along with the pain and discomfort,” said Dr. Romulo Leite of the Medical College of Georgia, who has studied the spider.
The store manager allegedly rang the fire department after spotting the 4-inch, black-and-red creepy crawler. Helpers sealed the store’s banana crates, but the spider was still at large by the time they closed their doors, The Mirror reported at the time.
In May, a man from the UK was shocked when he returned from a vacation in Mexico to find a huge furry tarantula in his jeans.
“I let out a yelp!” confessed James Mugridge, 31, from England, to South West News Service.
“It really was the last thing I was expecting.”
#spider #egg #hatched #wall #released #hundreds #creepy #babies