Better than Ezra?
“The Flash” director Andy Muschietti says Ezra Miller, who is nonbinary and uses they/them pronouns, is the only actor he’d hire for a sequel — despite Miller’s legal woes.
“If [a sequel] happens, yes,” Muschietti, 49, told his sister and producing partner, Barbara Muschietti, on an upcoming episode of “The Discourse” podcast, about working again with Miller, 30.
“I don’t think there’s anyone that can play that character as well as they did. The other depictions of the character are great, but this particular vision of the character, they just excelled in doing it,” he added.
“And, as you said, the two Barrys — it feels like a character that was made for them.”
Barbara added: “In principal photography, Ezra was brilliant and the most committed and the most professional [actor]. Ezra gave everything for this role — physically, creatively, emotionally. They were absolutely supreme.”
The Post has contacted a rep for Miller for comment.
“The Flash” hits theaters June 16. The film premiered in April during CinemaCon 2023, where Muschietti called Miller “one of the best actors I’ve ever worked with.”
“Every tool in the toolkit … [Miller] is an incredible comedian, and [has] all the action required for a big spectacle like this,” he added, per Deadline, which reported Miller wasn’t at the CinemaCon presentation.
“The Flash 2” hasn’t been confirmed, but The Hollywood Reporter reported in October that a sequel has already been written by “Aquaman” scribe David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick in case the first movie is a hit.
Meanwhile, Miller has been accused of grooming minors in an alleged cult-like situation.
“The Perks of Being a Wallflower” star was also reportedly the subject of 10 police calls in less than a month in Hawaii last year.
In August 2022, Miller’s agent released a statement claiming they were seeking treatment for “complex mental health issues.”
“Having recently gone through a time of intense crisis, I now understand that I am suffering complex mental health issues and have begun ongoing treatment,” Miller said.
“I want to apologize to everyone that I have alarmed and upset with my past behavior. I am committed to doing the necessary work to get back to a healthy, safe and productive stage in my life,” they continued.
The decision followed reports that Warner Bros. was considering pulling “The Flash” following the accusations against Miller.
A week before issuing his statement, Miller was charged with felony burglary for allegedly stealing alcohol from a home in Vermont.
#Ezra #Miller #return #potential #Flash #sequel #director