Josh Seiter, “The Bachelorette” alum who claims a hacker got into his Instagram account Monday and falsely declared him dead, is denying an allegation that he faked his own “death.”
“RuPaul’s Drag Race” star Monica Beverly Hillz made the accusation to Entertainment Weekly while claiming she recently dated Seiter.
“Me and Monica hung out a grand total of three times over a week and a half. I barely know her. I’ve had more physical contact with my dad in the last year, to be honest, and he’s dead,” Seiter, 36, told The Post on Wednesday.
Seiter, a law-student-turned-exotic-dancer and OnlyFans creator, continued: “She’s not my ex, and she’s clearly desperate for attention. She’s trying to milk her flimsy connection to me for all it’s worth, and it’s laughable. Everything she’s saying is without one shred of evidence, and it’s given me a good chuckle.”
“It would be like me brushing against Justin Bieber at a couple events and then claiming we dated,” Seiter quipped. “It’s a joke.”
A rep for Monica, 38, declined to comment when contacted by The Post.
The transgender activist told EW she believes Seiter was never hacked, and he’s really the one behind the Instagram post announcing his death.
The post, which referenced Seiter’s internal struggles, was taken down several hours after it was shared Monday.
“I’m baffled. I’m angry. I’m happy he’s alive, I’m happy he’s here, but this is so infuriating to me,” Monica told EW when asked about Seiter being “hacked.”
Monica claims that during her time with Seiter, fans warned her about the reality star being “a clout chaser.”
Seiter, who has openly battled depression, admitted to going on Kaitlyn Bristowe’s season of “The Bachelorette” in 2015 not for love, but to promote his career as an exotic dancer.
“It was mostly about kind of, like, exposure and getting my name out there more,” Seiter told the Chicago Tribune at the time. “That whole finding a wife thing to me was kind of a ludicrous idea.”
He was eliminated from the show on the first night.
On Tuesday, Monica doubled down on her thoughts about Seiter’s “hacking.”
“Everyone deserves grace, but unfortunately I can’t help but think that he was able to pull this stunt as a cisgender white man — acting like he was dead — when so many of my sisters and trans women of color have been brutally murdered this year and the same love and support isn’t show to them,” she wrote in an Instagram statement.
“Men who do this s–t are usually trying to compensate for some insecurity or darkness inside them. The dolls know all too well that these men are dangerous and I saw the red flags fast a mile away. To keep it frank — ban his Instagram account, he needs to get help or lock his a– up.”
The Post contacted Instagram reps for comment.
While Seiter told The Post on Wednesday that he has not contacted Instagram to report the alleged hacking, he swears he is not behind it.
“I am a victim of a terrible hoax directed at me for what I can only imagine is my mental health work,” he claimed. “The fact that the post was designed to exploit mental illness and suicide is especially egregious. People can either believe me or not, but I know the truth and sleep well at night.”
#Josh #Seiter #responds #death #hoax #claims #truth